Did you see the Final Campsite Packing Gear Information? In terms of tenting and glamping, I wish to plan out as a lot as potential to make the expertise much less nerve-racking and permit myself to be extra within the second quite than scrambling…as a result of I forgot to pack one thing.
That mentioned, I additionally wish to plan out meals so we don’t deliver an excessive amount of and now we have enough area for any perishable gadgets!
Heads up, this checklist is for 2 individuals over the span of a 2-night weekend journey—so in the event you’ve received extra of us becoming a member of you, you could need to double the required components.
Right here is my tenting meal plan + packing checklist!
The Meal Plan
In terms of tenting, I would like no-fuss meals that remind me of tenting as a child. So enter the cheeseburgers, pancakes, pizza, and s’mores galore!
For essentially the most half, we usually eat just about plant-based. This works effectively for tenting as among the vegan goodies don’t spoil as rapidly as non and might keep out a bit longer.
If you happen to desire non-vegan gadgets, ensure that your perishables will keep on the proper temp to forestall them from going again!
Packing Checklist and Meal Planning
After working up an urge for food with enjoyable and video games, you’ll need a meal match for an UNO queen. And there’s nothing higher than making basic campfire consolation meals then lingering over a protracted meal.
For me, it’s all about easy and wholesome fixes. Right here’s what I all the time deliver with me together with a pattern two-night menu.
These are the fundamentals that I preserve saved in my cub packs.
- Organic Hot Cocoa Powder
- Popcorn Kernels: Overlook film theatre popcorn! It’s all in regards to the campfire popcorn.
- Condiments: Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Nutritional Yeast (for popcorn), Honey, Sugar, Maple Syrup, Chili Flakes, Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil for Cooking (provided that you’ll have temp management)
- Vegetable Oil for Popcorn
- Truffle Oil for Popcorn and Eggs
- Ground Coffee (preserve in an hermetic container)
- Tea Bags
- 5.3-gallon Drinking Water: We all the time re-use the containers and refill domestically. Usually, that is sufficient for 2 individuals ingesting and cooking. BUT in the event you don’t have a water supply at your campsite, think about bringing extra for laundry dishes.
- Rusks: These dry biscuits/twice-baked breads are a well-liked kind of South African biscotti. Individuals are loopy for rusks in South Africa and I’ve positively taken to them. Whereas they’re technically perishable, they final virtually perpetually.
Sausage Rolls/Scorching Canines:
We purchase pre-made refrigerated pizzas from our native retailer however you may deliver all of the components and even bake from recent dough with the COBB pizza stone, Salad for a Aspect Dish
Egg Croissant Sandwich:
Snacks + Drinks:
Kitchen + Cooking Necessities
When you are most likely used to all the time having a backstock of meals, it’s important to make sure you don’t deliver too little or an excessive amount of if you find yourself tenting.
We journey with a Jetboil Mini Mo and a Cobb grill, it’s good to have the choice of a fast single burner if we’re simply heating up somewhat little bit of water or one thing small. However we completely love the Cobb for full meals and use it for just about each single meal.
Our Stovetop (1-2 individuals):
Our stuff is geared towards cooking for one to 2 individuals. Right here’s what we use:
Stovetop Choice 2 (3+ individuals):
If you happen to are inclined to journey in a bigger group, go for one thing a bit larger:
Coal Cooking (For Any Quantity of Individuals):
- Cobb: We love this for a great quaint BBQ!
- Cobb Coal: Go for the eco-friendly possibility that matches right into a cobb
- Pizza Stone for Cobb: Whereas Italian wood-fired pizza is nice, that is my new fave.
- Cobb Cutting Board: Bamboo retains issues hygienic and you need to use it as a serving board too.
Extra Cooking Objects:
Each true espresso lover is aware of that the majority of us have a espresso prep methodology very close to and pricey to our hearts. You’ll have just a few good high quality choices when you’re tenting. And, fortunately, the Jetboil will boil water tremendous rapidly so that you don’t want an enormous pot, even in the event you’re brewing for just a few individuals.
Listed below are just a few good choices for brewing espresso:
And there you’ve got it, of us, that is what I wish to pack when going tenting. Who doesn’t love pizza and popcorn?
What else would you make on a weekend tenting journey? Let me know within the feedback under!
And for the complete tenting setup—take a look at the Final Campsite Packing Gear Information right here!